Saturday 9 July 2011

the hotter the better


It's been exactly a year since I took my mother to Vienna. Was surprised at the variety of tea options there were in this coffee-centric city, and here's what I had to say about Wiens Teehandlung Schönbichler

It wasn't the date that reminded me but the warmer weather. It was actually really quite hot then, and I got to thinking about all the iced tea drinking I read about at this time of year.

I'm not an iced tea drinker. I really don't get it. All I taste is ice. Sure, I've had iced tea. And there were certainly times, when I was much younger, that I dumped a ton of sugar into a glass of iced tea and stirred to no avail...all the sugar sank to the bottom anyway.

Have no idea if this is scientifically accurate, but I've heard that it actually takes more energy for your body to convert the ice cold liquid to your body's temperature than to simply drink hot or even room temperature liquid. So, no matter how hot it gets, I still happily drink very hot tea. Happily.

No comments:

Post a Comment