Wednesday 12 May 2010

Blending lighter and lighter

Here's what I'm obsessed with these days (I wish it would pass):

Blending my black teas. It started with some teas I wasn't so crazy about, but just couldn't throw out. Then I had a few nondescript teas that needed a little pizzaz. Now, I have these visions of me as a little kid with a dump truck. Instead of sand, I'm shoveling loose tea here and there. Playing with really strong Assams and softening them with Ceylons...

The vocabulary fails me when I try to talk about it in any more depth, but I can see why certain companies that sell blends take such care when they develop them. As my taste develops, I just cannot drink the same over-steeped Irish Breakfast tea that used to be a morning staple.

What I might do is go back to the teas I wrote about when I started writing this blog. I'd like to see what my tongue tells me no that it just didn't know then.

If you're still here, I hope you'll come along...

5 comments:

  1. Always love tea reviews! You know me =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, guys. I'm really enjoying an Assam Khongea these days, and I'll review it thoroughly soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to try blending any black teas with each other; when I do blending it's usually mixing a pure tea with some sort of herbs or spices...usually mint.

    I'd be very curious to hear specifics of how this turns out if you want to share any of your blending endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am still there and still curious on blending teas.
    To me, this sound like pure alchemy or the games I played as a child with three pens, a paperboard and my imagination.

    ReplyDelete